Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sometimes Dads Need a Nap, Too

I'd like to know why it is that on the days Michael lets me sleep in, my children feel the need to either continuously make noise in their rooms or (like today) do what sounded like jumping jacks from below in our room to keep him awake.  How am I supposed to not feel guilty about getting to sleep in until 9AM (and then feel guilty about not eating the lovely pancakes & bacon my husband made for me while watching 2 kids while I slept) if they don't let him take a nap in the afternoon?

I'd like to apologize now for the above run-on sentences.

Today Molly & I took Jack the Dog to Petsmart to get groomed and then have a Mommy/Molly outing.  We had to go to Target to get her school supplies.  SCHOOL SUPPLIES.  Seriously.  How is she almost 3?  It's insane.  I'd like to ask Target to please start carrying a 10-pack of 2 oz Crayola paints.  Now I have to return the 18 pack of the wrong thing that they did have.  Oh well.  It was fun to hang out with her.  I forget how entertaining she is on her own.  And she got some super-girly Chucks.  How cute are they?  Of course, she wasn't interested in any other clothes, except for a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with an elephant on it.  I'll just hope she gets lots of clothes for her birthday...  After shopping we went to Friendly's for dessert.  Molly was super excited to get a sundae with her lunch - it was her first.  She picked the Cone Head.  Clearly, she's not my daughter.  I'm all for the most stuff you can put on top of your ice cream - I would've gone for the Build Your Own.  Mmmm... ice cream.

Now time for some laundry...  I guess I should get on that.  How much longer can I make this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment