Friday, August 26, 2011

Such a Slacker

I know, I know.  It's been awhile.  And quite honestly, I'd really like to be taking a nap right now instead of writing.

Also, I feel like I should be preparing for the impending storm, but instead I'm watching Days of Our Lives while the kids nap.  Taylor creeps me out.  She has such big eyes.  And now you know my dirty daytime TV secret: I love me some Days.

So, what's new...  LOVING the new van.  Other than the fact that I can't park it for crap, it's amazing.  Molly & Emmett love the DVD player.  Molly especially loves her "earmuffs" - the headphones that she gets to listen to her movies on.  She does still need a van, something involving her license plate letters "FMV".

The first thing we did with the new van was take a vacation to Boston.  We went to the beach, the New England Aquarium and the Boston Children's Museum.  The kids loved Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester, MA.  It's on Cape Ann, north of Boston, so the water isn't too warm but it's the perfect family beach.  There was really calm water, water with a bit of waves and great rocks to climb on and around.  Even always-cautious Molly got out on the rocks.  And there's food, restrooms & showers.  The aquarium was crazy-busy, but so neat.  They have a new shark & ray touch-tank that was incredible.  Dozens of rays swimming around and if you held your hand still, they would come up and touch it.  I don't really know how to describe how they feel - kind of like raw chicken...  If you go, let me recommend not wiggling your fingers.  The little boy next to me did it right after they made the announcement not to and a ray gave him a nibble.  On Fridays they have a little kids classroom experience.  Molly got to touch live jellyfish ("they feel like water") and learn about turtles.  The Children's Museum was super-fun.  They have a bubble room, which I think was the kids' favorite, but they really enjoyed everything.

So that's what's new with us.  Hope you're all well and you all survive Hurricane Irene intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment