Friday, August 5, 2011

Behind the Name

You may be wondering why I would name a blog about my family "Make Yourself Useful."  You can thank Molly for that one.  A couple weeks ago, she was playing with Michael and out of the blue she said, "Dad, you go in a time out and then make yourself useful."  And then we both tried not to laugh, so of course she kept saying it.  The whole time, we're trying to figure out where she picked that line up, because it's actually not something either of us says.  As I was getting her pajamas on that night, she said to me, "I made you laugh.  I told Daddy to make himself useful like Fiona said to Shrek."  Aaahhhh... Thank you, Cameron Diaz.

Have I mentioned that she's two?  I can't wait to see what her teachers think when she starts preschool this fall.

I'm not sure I want Emmett to start talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment